Tuesday, November 18, 2008

From Becky

Told by Becky:

It has been a few weeks since Bobbi and I walked the 3 day, my feet and body have healed Krista's has not. That is why it was so important to me to walk the walk again this year. I have not written on the blog because I guess I felt if I didn't write it down Krista's cancer was not so real. Krista is not my sister-in-law, she is my sister.

I think the first time Krista had cancer I just knew she was going to be fine. We were younger and things like that did not happen to people our age. When her cancer came back 10 years later it hit me, we may actually loose our Krista sooner than we would ever imagine. She is a daughter to my parents and a God send to my brother. While I hurt for Krista, I hurt almost as much for David. If there has ever been a man that loved his wife it is David. Her illness has made him see that.I am soooo proud of him for taking care of her the way that he has, she would have done the same thing for him.I will continue to walk in the 3day as long as there is a chance in hell it will help Krista.

Krista of all people should not have to go through this, she doesn't deserve it, she has a grand baby that she worships and I think she is a huge reason for her strength. A daughter who knows how lucky she is to have such a wonderful mother. I know Erin gets her strength from her strong faith and her strong mom. I have two daughters, four granddaughters and a one in a million mother. I walk so with the grace of God none of the women or girls in my life will have to go through the hell Krista has had to go through.

My family will continue to pray and try to support Krista, David and Erin. I do believe in miracles and prayer, and I know as long as there are doctors trying to find a cure there is a chance for "OUR KRISTA". I am also very lucky to have a friend like Bobbi who has taken this journey as if it were her personal challenge to help Krista. She is the one who gets all of 3day in order for us to do. If it were not for her I would not have had the guts to walk 50 miles this year. For this I will always be grateful. It is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. With the help of everyone I will walk again next year, My dream is one day Krista can do some of the walk with us, she is our reason for KRISTAS TATA SISTERHOOD and we love her.

No comments: