Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yep it's back.

For those of you who may not have guessed, my cancer came back. I was re~diagnosed in Jan of 2007 with Metatastic Breast Cancer it has moved to my bones. My Sister-in-Law (Becky) and some of her coworkers decided last year to do the Susan B Komen 3 Day 60 mile walk in my name so they raised the money and walked.

I was so proud, but I never thought, in my wildest dreams that they would do it again this year, but they are and it is pouring down rain and its windy and cold but Becky and Bobbie have walked 20 miles today with wet cold feet, ate soggy turkey sandwiches for lunch and kept walking, but they are getting to sleep in a warehouse tonight so they are dry.

Tomorrow they will walk 20 more miles and the next day 20 more to raise money and awareness of this terrible disease that touches everyone in some way and I'm sure that on Sunday afternoon after closing ceremonies they will be signing up along with a few thousand of their friends to do it again next year.

Krista

No comments: